I grew up in São Paulo, and live in Brooklyn. I'm the co-founder & CEO of goTenna.
I believe the future of infrastructure is distributed and bottom-up because by decentralizing fundamental facilities and systems, you increase scale, resiliency, and access. I'm personally focused on connectivity. At goTenna, we're building low-power, low-cost, modular, developer-friendly mobile ad-hoc networking protocols and devices to power communications networks that get stronger as they grow.
goTenna creates parallel networks designed to enable completely off-grid communication, but can also act as communication force multipliers by augmenting existing systems and extending the practical edge of traditional networks. Our technology has broad applicability across B2C, B2B, B2G, IoT, and emerging markets.
Besides my day job, I try to remain active in progressive politics and read as often as I can. Below are some of my favorite books:
- The Counterlife, Philip Roth
- Democracy, Joan Didion
- Post Office, Charles Bukowski
- Disgrace, J.M. Coetzee
- Pale Fire, Vladimir Nabokov
- Regarding the Pain of Others, Susan Sontag
- Night Rounds, Patrick Modiano
- The Immoralist, André Gide
- Are You My Mother?, Alison Bechdel
- Toward a Psychology of Awakening, John Welwood
- Conquest of the Useless, Werner Herzog
- The Diary of Frida Kahlo, Frida Kahlo